Wednesday 25 September 2013

Second Day

    So today we had a regular full day of classes, nothing special for orientation at all. I guess we have to get started, but at least unity summit is tomorrow which will be relaxing and fun. I still don’t know too many people in the program, I tried to sit beside some new people and talk to them, but it’s still quite intimidating. Oh and I forgot to mention, but it looks like I’m one of maybe 10 or so guys in a program of about 100 people. So ya, intimidating. Anyway here are the new classes for the day.

Principles of Research: This course is taught by Dr. Gratton who will also teach physiology. It looks like a pretty basic research course looking at general types of research and how to do a critical appraisal. I’m looking into getting out of this since I did a thesis last year and think I know research pretty well.

Anatomy: This is the course I’m probably the most scared for since I didn’t do so well in undergrad anatomy, but at least I have the background. Dr. Terzic (pronounced Terzich) teaches this one. He’s an MD from somewhere in Europe, but he’s been teaching here a long time. He seems pretty nice and funny, made a lot of random jokes. Hopefully it won’t be too bad.

Ethics and Jurisprudence: This is the first part to the course, the rest is taught in fourth year, so this just a minor introduction. The class is taught by Professor Pownall, he’s the school lawyer so he obviously knows a lot about this stuff. The content seems a little dry, but it’s definitely important. This course is only once every other week, with the opposite week being dry anatomy labs.


                     (hopefully I can actually label all this by the end of the semester)

No comments:

Post a Comment