Sunday 15 November 2015

Music, Energy, Passion

This was a pretty quiet week compared to last, with very few assignments or practicals going on. A rare and nice break to relax a little bit, kind of. I did some preceptoring on Wednesday with Dr. Jonathan Beatty, it was a pretty cool experience, though very tiring (had to be up at 6 to get there for 7:45, and I was there until 5:30). He's got a serious Naturopathic practice with a big focus on the nutrition and lifestyle aspect. His wife is actually a holistic nutritionist, and together they work patients through serious dietary protocols, and see amazing results with them. I'll be preceptoring with him several more times and am hoping to learn a lot from him.

Other than that, nothing too exciting this week, though I went to a really awesome concert on Thursday night with some friends, Parkway Drive. They're a really cool metal band from Australia, I've seen them a few times in Toronto, and they recently came out with a great new album and are touring North America in support of it. It's not the style of music for everyone, but it really highlights my love of music. There is something about live music that you just can't get anywhere else. The connection you feel with all the people around you, everyone knowing the words to the song, singing and screaming along, dancing together, and enjoying that same vibrational experience. The artist up on stage, passionately sharing the music they've created, and observing people having a great time because of what they made. The energy you feel is unreal, and it creates a perfect space for mindfulness. When you are at a good concert, there is nothing to worry about, no messages or emails to check, no facebook, there is only the music, the crowd, the band, and you.

I hope that everyone can have similar experiences like I've been so fortunate to experience with music. I think since I was 16, I may have been to over 50 concerts, and even as I get older, I'll continue to go and dance like a crazy person, because it is such an amazing space, there is so much positive energy, and I can't imagine what life would be like without. That being said, it doesn't necessarily have to be a live concert for you. It could be sitting in your room with headphones on, sitting in the car listening to the radio, singing in the shower, whatever you like best. Find your space where you can escape the world, and experience the energy of good music. There really is nothing like it.

It must be so cool to be in a band like this, providing so many people with so much joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment