Sunday 8 November 2015

Student Leadership

Quick post today because it's late and I've gotta get to bed. Today we had one of our roundtable meetings for the NSA executive. The meeting obviously has some tedious points, but it also reminded me why being part of student leadership is so great. I really enjoy getting to spend time with lots of like-minded students who want to be involved, and work together to improve the student experience for all our colleagues and classmates. It's also great to hear about all sorts of different activities and initiatives you may not have heard of and learn how to get more involved. And of course, after the meeting, we had an awesome potluck dinner where we got to just hang out and rap about anything.

There's a lot of different aspects to being a student leader, and I'm happy to talk about any of them if someone wants to comment with a question. In general though, I think that being a student leader is an amazing thing that you can do at school. We only have limited time here, and I think that you get what you put into your experience. As a student leader, you have a lot of opportunity to make a difference, both for other students and for yourself. And it's important to note that being a student leader is not restricted to being elected on student government, or as a class representative. There are always opportunities available for those who are interested, all you have to do is ask.

On a quick school note, crazy assignment time has finally quieted down a little bit. After finishing my RCIA last week, having my live patient DRE and GYNE exams, my Health Psych Case Formulation, Homeopathy Case Analysis, Primary Care PEP (busy week because as Scribe I was in charge of ensuring everyone got their work done and doing final edits) and Phys Med Practical Case, it was nice to have a little bit of a break this weekend; some time to chill out and not worry about much. We did start our partner cases in Asian Med this week, so I took the case of a classmate, and I need to workup the case, come up with a differential diagnosis list, and a treatment plan for my classmate this week. I'll present that to my TA on Thursday, and if its approved, then I'll start treating my classmate in a couple weeks. They're also going to do the same for me, which is pretty cool, hopefully we can see some good results with each other.

Alright off to bed, have a good week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment